Senior Android Developer
Our Chilindo mobile teams are working with world-class UX, design, and engineering teams to build and define the future of e-commerce. We are looking for developers who are passionate about Android and mobile at large. If you care about the best user experience, low crash counts and responsive applications, you’re set. We would love for you to join us to push boundaries as we craft the best physical retail experience for our 8 million+ users.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or other relevant field
- Minimum of 5+ years mobile development experience
- Have published one or more Android apps in the Google PlayStore
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements and estimate time
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ability to work independently on projects, with tight deadlines, under minimal supervision
- Ability to work on their own and as a part of the team;
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Excellent testing/ QA skills;
- Good English communication skill.
- Solid Experience with the Android SDKs and java
- Solid Experience with Android Studio
- Strong knowledge of different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Solid Experience with JSON concepts and REST APIs
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Understanding of Google’s Android Material design principles and interface guidelines
- Knowledge of / experience with unit testing, mocking and dependency injection frameworks
- Experience with localization and internalizations
- Strong attention to detail. Passion for pixel-perfection and apps craftsmanship
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Effective use of Git version control system and familiar with git-flow principles (Github, Bitbucket)
Why you will love it here:
- We’re growing quickly, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn and advance;
- Creative freedom to make a real difference in the world of e-commerce;
- Be part of our hugely international environment, we have more than 22 nationalities here at Chilindo;
- Competitive salary package based on skills and experience. We create great teams and take very good care of them.
- Chance to be part of one of SEA's fastest growing e-commerce companies and work with some of the best in business;
- Great opportunity to grow with the company;
- Free catered lunch with a new menu every day;
- Frequent staff activities and company parties;
- Wear what you want, be your unique self at work;
- Work Permit and Health Insurance provided for expats.
We are one of Southeast Asia's fastest growing E-commerce companies striving to become the best within our field. We're currently over 1000 employees internationally across our many departments and aim to grow even more next year. Under the direction of a clear strategic vision, we believe in providing an environment which empowers our employees whilst providing the tools to nurture personal as well as corporate growth.
If you are looking for a chance to build your career with a worldwide community of over 8 million users, and to develop your skills as a part of one of the fastest growing e-commerce sites in the region, you’re in the right place!
We offer a job in a fast paced, fun and challenging start-up environment. Get ready to learn a lot and be given a large amount of responsibility if the right commitment and attitude is shown. As a part of one of our passionate, independent teams at Chilindo, you’ll be free to dream and succeed!
Bid, Buy, Smile!