Software Engineer (Ruby) - Playlab Games
Ruby on Rails Developer
Do you consider yourself a dynamic and team-oriented developer? Do you want to work on building the backend for games that millions of people play? If you answered YES to both questions, Playlab wants you to join our team as a Software Engineer!
As a backend engineer, your prime responsibility will be to design, create and support features needed in our games working together with systems engineers on the team to ensure reliability and scalability of the platform. For this position you will get to work on Juice Cubes, a game downloaded more than 23 Million times, as well as new upcoming projects and titles.
You will get to work on technologies such as Ruby (mostly RoR), Node.js, eventmachine, MySQL, Redis and Cassandra. We are however not set on these technologies and they will most likely change in the future - we envision you are someone who takes pride in your work, with a passion for tech and will be part of figuring out which technology to bring in next.
What you will be doing
- Improving and supporting current features;
- Designing, creating and supporting new backend features;
- Making sure our backend is of great quality - avoiding any down time;
- Get hands-on experience with building a scalable backend ;
- Building solid platforms for our game developers to build great games on-top of;
- Investigating and implementing new technologies to improve our service;
- Creating back-end for new games and apps from scratch
- Improving the algorithms behind one of the fastest growing startups in Southeast Asia.
What you should have
What we look for in all new employees
- At least 5 years of working experiences building games and similar back-end solutions;
- Knowledge in HTTP and TCP/IP;
- Extensive Experience in backend development with Ruby, Node.js, and other object oriented languages on mobile;
- Ability to write clean and easily understandable code;
- Experience with Server management,Open Source contributions and/or TDD is a plus;
- Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written;
- Ability to take ownership, gets things done and think about the long term impact of your work;
- An eagerness and desire for continuous learning;
- Fun to be around even when all systems have gone haywire.
- We’re growing quickly, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn and advance;
- Be part of a truly international environment, 30+ Nationalities
- Competitive salary package based on skills and experience.
- Free catered lunch with a new menu every day;
- Wear what you want, be your unique self at work;
- Awesome office location in the heart of Bangkok, nearby Ekkamai BTS Station
- Visa, Work Permit and relocation support provided for expats.
We are a leading game developer & publisher, capable of producing social games from inception to completion. We are the home of popular game titles Juice Cubes and Jungle Cubes, with many more on the way! In four years of mobile game development, our games have achieved over 25 million downloads around the world.
PlayLab was founded in January 2012 by a handful of passionate gamers. Now, we are a group of 80+ game enthusiasts ranging more than 18 nationalities. We are a curious, creative, close-knit, fun-loving bunch. We have a unique way of doing things - the PlayLab way. It’s how we innovate, collaborate, operate and deliver value for our customers.
We are looking for dynamic, & team-oriented individuals to join our rapidly growing company as we continue forward to the next level.
For more information visit our website http://www.playlab.com/