Software Engineer (Ruby) - Playlab Games
Do you consider yourself dynamic and team-oriented? Do you want to work on building backend for games that millions people play? If you answered YES to both questions, Playlab wants you to join the team as a Software Engineer (Backend)!
As a backend engineer, your prime responsibility is to design, create and support features needed in our games as well as working together with systems engineers on the team to ensure reliability and scalability of the platform. For this position you will get to work on Juice Cubes, a game downloaded more than 23 Million times, as well as upcoming titles.
You will get to work on technologies such as Ruby (mostly RoR), Node.js, eventmachine, MySQL, Redis and Cassandra. We are however not set on these technologies and they will most likely change in the future, you will be part of figuring out which technology to bring in next.
What you will do:
- Improve and support current features;
- Design, create and support new backend features;
- Make sure our backend is of great quality by avoiding any down time;
- Get hands-on experience with building a scalable backend for millions of users;
- Build a platform for our game developers to built great games on-top of;
- Investigate and implement new technologies to improve our service.
What you should have:
- Open to all nationalities. Outside Thailand applications will also be considered;
- At least 5 years of working experiences building games and similar back-end solutions;
- Knowledge in HTTP and TCP/IP;
- Extensive Experience in backend development with Ruby, Node.js, and other object oriented languages on mobile;
- Can write clean and easy to understand code;
- Experience with Server management,Open Source contributions and/or TDD is a plus;
- Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written;
- Willing to be based in Ekkamai, Bangkok, Thailand
What we look for in all new employees
- Gets things done and think about the long term impact of their work
- An eagerness to learn more
- Fun to be around even when all systems have gone haywire.
Why you will love it here:
- We’re growing quickly, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn and advance;
- Be part of a truly international environment;
- Competitive salary package based on skills and experience.
- Great opportunity to grow with the company;
- Free catered lunch with a new menu every day;
- Awesome social events and parties for employees;
- Wear what you want, be your unique self at work;
- Work Permit and Health Insurance provided for expats.
We are a leading game developer & publisher, capable of producing social games from inception to completion. We are the home of popular game titles Juice Cubes and Jungle Cubes, with many more on the way! In four years of mobile game development, our games have achieved over 25 million downloads around the world.
PlayLab was founded in January 2012 by a handful of passionate gamers. Now, we are a group of 80+ game enthusiasts ranging more than 18 nationalities. We are a curious, creative, close-knit, fun-loving bunch. We have a unique way of doing things - the PlayLab way. It’s how we innovate, collaborate, operate and deliver value for our customers.
We are looking for dynamic, & team-oriented individuals to join our rapidly growing company as we continue forward to the next level.