Technical Artist - Playlab Games
Do you want to work on building games that people actually play? Playlab wants YOU to join our team as a Technical Artist!
We are looking for dynamic, & team-oriented individuals to join our rapidly growing company as we continue forward to the next level.
You will be working on all our current and future game productions on enhancing the artwork with interesting features in our main game engine Unity, collaborating the rest of the team to make sure the vision it met.
You will also be in charge with investigating new techniques and implementing them to our current production pipeline.
What you will do:
- Acting as a bridge between the Artists and Programmers working on a game production;
- Ensuring art assets that can easily be integrated into a game without sacrificing the artistic vision or exceeding the platform’s technical limits;
- Ensure that assets and scenes are easily accessible and maintainable by artists;
- Investigating new techniques, implementing them and teach them to our artists;
- Research tools and 3rd party plugins for optimizing artist workflows within unity;
- Evaluate practices and tool use within Unity in regards to improve artist's workflow.
What you should have:
- Have at least 3 years of experience as Technical Artist
- Be able to show technical proficiency in areas such as lighting and rendering, texturing, and graphics-related programming languages such as c# and python and shader language such as cgfx and HLSL
- Have extensive amount of experience with Unity3D;
- Have extensive knowledge of art packages ranging from modelling to texturing and special effects;
- Be able to customize art packages so that they are as streamlined as possible for specific projects;
- Be able to work well as part of a team Have good communication and people management skills, in order to train and mentor others;
- Be able to work with minimum supervision Have excellent organizational skills;
- Be able to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations;
- Be highly skilled in the use of 2D/3D graphics software such as Maya, 3D Max or any professional 3D and 2D suite.
Why you will love it here:
- We’re growing quickly, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn and advance;
- Be part of a truly international environment;
- Competitive salary package based on skills and experience. We create great teams and take very good care of them.
- Great opportunity to grow with the company;
- Free catered lunch with a new menu every day;
- Awesome social events and parties for employees;
- Wear what you want, be your unique self at work;
- Work Permit and Health Insurance provided for expats.
We are a leading game developer & publisher, capable of producing social games from inception to completion. We are the home of popular game titles Juice Cubes and Jungle Cubes, with many more on the way! In four years of mobile game development, our games have achieved over 25 million downloads around the world.PlayLab was founded in January 2012 by a handful of passionate gamers. Now, we are a group of 80+ game enthusiasts ranging more than 18 nationalities. We are a curious, creative, close-knit, fun-loving bunch. We have a unique way of doing things - the PlayLab way. It’s how we innovate, collaborate, operate and deliver value for our customers.We are looking for dynamic, & team-oriented individuals to join our rapidly growing company as we continue forward to the next level.