Senior Buyer / Category Manager
Do you have experience within consumer electronics, household items, home decoration, sports, tools, fashion, car accessories or maybe some other category, then we might have the job for you!
We are looking for a capable and passionate buyer/ category manager to join our regional office in Vietnam. We are looking for someone enthusiastic and motivated, with strong knowledge in buying/sourcing or category management role and a get stuff done attitude.
About the role:
What you will do:
- Lead and be accountable for all local Procurement operation activities including formulation and implementation of sourcing strategies for indirect categories and lead and compliance of Chilindo system/ policies & processes. Get the best deals on products within your category;
- Ensure effective Procurement practices by implementing relevant global, and local Purchasing policies/ procedures, sourcing strategies in local procurement functions;
- Identify and negotiate with suppliers for best deals in terms of price, quality and design. Resolve technical, commercial and contract issues associated with orders;
- Be on top of the latest trends in your category;
- Develop new products;
- Analyze and optimize the sales of your products.
What you should have:
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Business Administration, Supply Chain or related field;
- At least 3 years experiences in purchasing background;
- Proficient in use of eProcurement, Internet based programs, Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office computer software;
- Purchasing and logistics experience is desired, especially in retail market/ Ecommerce;
- Technical knowledge and can notice/report non-compliant case;
- Innovative and lead change, problem solving skills;
- Ability to manage multiple procurement activities simultaneously in supporting onshore/offshore operations;
- Good planning and coordination skills;
- Good presentation skills with ability to develop business case (justification);
- Demonstrates critical leadership behaviors relevant to current business conditions to align and inspire; build relationships; grow capabilities; and deliver results;
- Fluent/Native level Vietnamese;
- Good English communication skills. Cantonese/Mandarin is a plus;
- Knowledgeable and passionate about your desired category
Why you will love it here:
- We’re growing quickly, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn and advance;
- Creative freedom to make a real difference in the world of e-commerce;
- Be part of a truly international environment, we have more than 22 nationalities here at Chilindo;
- Competitive salary package based on skills and experience. We create great teams and take very good care of them.
- Chance to be part of one of SEA's fastest growing e-commerce companies and work with some of the best in business;
- Great opportunity to grow with the company;
- Frequent staff activities and company parties.
We are one of Southeast Asia's fastest growing E-commerce companies striving to become the best within our field. We're currently over 1000 employees internationally across our many departments and aim to grow even more next year. Under the direction of a clear strategic vision, we believe in providing an environment which empowers our employees whilst providing the tools to nurture personal as well as corporate growth.
If you are looking for a chance to build your career with a worldwide community of over 8 million users, and to develop your skills as a part of one of the fastest growing e-commerce sites in the region, you’re in the right place!
We offer a job in a fast paced, fun and challenging start-up environment. Get ready to learn a lot and be given a large amount of responsibility if the right commitment and attitude is shown. As a part of one of our passionate, independent teams at Chilindo, you’ll be free to dream and succeed!
Bid, Buy, Smile!