We are growing fast and looking for a devoted server administrator for our rapidly expanding IT department with the skills, attitude and desire to help bring our IT operations to the next level. The responsibilities for the infrastructure engineer will include monitoring, tuning and scaling our server environment to always meet the ever growing needs of the business. Equally important you will be working with optimization of the workflows and on adapting automatization to the server deployment processes. Our servers are remotely hosted, but self administrated. The server environment is primarily based on self-hosted windows platforms, so this is a key area of expertise for the role, but if you have experience working with linux environments and cloud computing (AWS, Azure) in general it is definitely a plus.
The key to the job is a solid background, with solid skills, but just as well a positive attitude and flexibility, wanting to give your best effort to the company, in return we offer a role in a fast-paced and fast growing company with plenty of opportunities to both grow and take responsibility and ownership of your role.
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience, in computer science, engineering or associated field;;
- Five years +5 within a windows and Linux DevOps environment.
- Linux - Ubuntu, RedHat, Centos
- Windows Server 2012 R2 being primary Operating system.
- IIS experience within an ecommerce company.
- Experience with Redis Backplane, ShellScript, NGINX and CI/CD (Jenkins, Octoploy)
- Reverse Proxy experience (NGINX)
- PowerShell Scripting
- Database Experience, though not essential would be considered a plus.
- Monitoring tools experience within a DevOps environment Nagios etc
- Software development background/experience is not needed, but is considered a plus;
- Out of hours support maybe required.
- Oral, written and excellent interpersonal communication skills to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization;
- Adaptive and motivated to embrace new technologies that may be relevant work with;
- Ability and willingness to continue to expand knowledge and experience; be detail oriented; and prioritize and complete assigned tasks within required deadlines;
- Self-starter, self-directed with the ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment.
Why you will love it here
- Be part of one of SEA's fastest growing e-commerce companies;
- Be part of a truly international environment; we have more than 30+ nationalities here at Chilindo;
- Competitive salary package based on skills and experience. We create great teams and take very good care of them.
- Great opportunity to grow with the company;
- Staff activities and company parties;
- Wear what you want, be your unique self at work;
- Work Permit and Health Insurance provided for expats.
- Awesome office in great location: Ekkamai, Bangkok, Thailand
We are one of Southeast Asia's fastest growing E-commerce companies striving to become the best within our field. We're currently over 1000 employees internationally across our many departments and aim to grow even more next year. Under the direction of a clear strategic vision, we believe in providing an environment which empowers our employees whilst providing the tools to nurture personal as well as corporate growth.
If you are looking for a chance to build your career with a worldwide community of over 8 million users, and to develop your skills as a part of the fastest growing e-commerce site in the country, you’re in the right place!
We offer a job in a fast paced, fun and challenging start-up environment. Get ready to learn a lot and be given a large amount of responsibility if the right commitment and attitude is shown. As a part of small, independent team at Chilindo, you’ll be free to dream and succeed!
Bid, Buy, Smile!